HASLO WILL BE CLOSED FRIDAY, JULY 3 THROUGH MONDAY, JULY 6.
The office will reopen Tuesday, July 7.
The Section 8 Interest List is currently closed. Applications are not accepted at this time for the Housing Choice Voucher Program (otherwise known as Section 8).
How to Apply TO HASLO'S PUBLIC HOUSING AND PROJECT BASED VOUCHER PROPERTIES if you are a First-Time Applicant:
- You must have a valid email address.
- The email address used for registration must be unique to the user creating the account. You cannot use the same email address to create an account for yourself and for someone else (relative, client, friend, etc).
- Applying for any available waiting list does not represent an offer for housing assistance.
- Paper applications will not be distributed or accepted. If you have any questions regarding reasonable accommodations contact us at (805) 543-4478.
Most of the one-bedroom wait lists are closed, and the other wait lists are years long! Therefore, we do not recommend applying through this website if you are eligible for a one-bedroom unit (i.e., a single individual or a couple).
NOTICE REGARDING INTEREST LISTS
We have completed our upgrade of the Applicant portal and will be adding a Tenant/Participant portal. This system is our new Housing Café online portal.
Housing Café will continue to allow applicants to:
- Apply from any electronic device with internet access
- Review and update your information to ensure timely and accurate communication between the applicant and HASLO
- Review and update details on your application
Housing Café has been enhanced to allow applicants to:
- Review waiting list positions
- Provide detailed eligibility information, including:
- Family member details
- Income details
- Other relevant information
How to review your Existing Application to HASLO’s Public Housing and Project Based Voucher Properties:
Further details will be provided on how to access your existing application previously submitted through our on-line portal.
Since 1968 HASLO has been helping people in San Luis Obispo County with housing that fits their budgets and needs. We're always looking for volunteers and new ways to help. Find out how you can contribute!
On March 19, a Groundbreaking Ceremony was held for the South Street Family Apartments in San Luis Obispo, 43 new affordable apartments for families with annual incomes at or below 60 percent of the county's median income. Read more.
The National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) presented HASLO Executive Director Scott Smith with the "2014 Agency Award of Excellence in Program Innovation - Affordable Housing" during NAHRO's National Conference in Baltimore, Maryland, on October 17th. Read more.
On September 25, HASLO received a donation from Pacific Western Bank in the amount of $14,750. Read more.
HASLO received a national Award of Merit, and is also one of few nominated for NAHRO's Award of Excellence. Read more.
If you are tired of writing a check or having to secure a Money Order every month to pay your rent, sign up for “ACH” Direct Pay. The rent will be taken out of your checking account automatically on the 4th of every month. Read more.
The Maintenance Customer Service Department has moved to the main office located at 487 Leff Street in San Luis Obispo, but the phone number remains the same: (805) 543-1026. Read more.
The Housing Authority of San Luis Obispo (HASLO) implemented a smoke-free policy on January 1, 2013, that prohibits residents from smoking in all of our public housing units and some of our San Luis Obispo Non-Profit complexes. The ban on smoking will eventually reach all of our housing units. Read more.