Welcome to the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8). Good relationships between the Housing Authority of San Luis Obispo (HASLO) and landlords are key to this program’s success.
- Your main point of contact is your Housing Specialist.
- Always comply with all Fair Housing and Americans with Disabilities Act requirements.
- Inform HASLO when and if there are any changes in ownership and/or utility changes.
- Do not allow a tenant to move into the unit until there is an approved inspection, approved rent, signed lease and signed Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract.
- Continued occupancy will be based on your unit being in good standing with all Housing Assistance payments provisions as well as passing all required inspections.